One of the most common questions I get asked is “”What is the best drop-shipping niche?”
The first thing you must consider is how long you’re wanting to run the store for.
If you are planning to create a long-term successful business, then it is important that you are at least interested in what you are wanting to promote and sell.
For example we could set up a store that targets Christmas decorations, however as soon as we pass Christmas time, we will have to wait another whole 10 months before we can generate any decent sales.
Again a narrow niche is also preferable. The reason for this is that a broad niche may sound like a good idea at first (i.e. creating a massive authority website where we can sell different types of products) but in practice a non-targeted store can make it very tough to generate any decent traffic and ultimately generate sales.
A few reasons to target a narrow evergreen niche:
- A true evergreen niche will generate traffic and sales all year round both now and in the foreseeable future.
- Targeting a narrow niche will give you a better understanding about what you’re going to sell and who you going to target.
- It is far easier to be a big fish in a small pond. Ultimately you do not have access to the massive advertising budgets of multi-international stores (like Amazon.com, OverStock.com, Walmart.com etc.)
- it is easier to rank higher in web searches if all of your stores content and products are complementary
- As you are targeting specialty area, people will be more likely to come to your store for information, advice and to purchase items.
- Focusing on one audience lets you easily plan and stream line your marketing strategies.
- A narrow niche let’s you deal with less suppliers which means you can build a better relationship with them (and better prices)
To help give you some ideas, we have put together a list of top evergreen niches that could be the right fit for you:
(note these are in no particular order)
|Personal||Hobbies||Sports / Outdoors / Fitness||Food / Drinks||Electronics||Pets / Animals||Work / Education|
|Beards||Witchcraft||Hiking||Pizza||iPhone/Android||Dogs||Learn languages (Spanish, French, etc)|
|Children s Items||Gardening||Surfing||Sushi||Fish||Doctors|
|Acne||Books / Reading||Badminton||Hamster|
|Novelty Items||Wood working||Lacrosse||Sheep|